📝 How to Improve Your Dynamic Ad Performance
One of our favorite ad products to scale on Meta is dynamic ads. These ads are pulled straight from your catalog, can be used on a variety of optimizations, and lead directly to your product pages.
Here are a few strategies that continuously work on Dynamic Ads, aka DABA:
- Campaign Settings
The first question to answer for your brand is: Do dynamic ads work better on ASC (Advantage + Shopping) or a standard BAU campaign set? Here are the available options:
- Advantage+ Shopping
- Advantage+ Shopping Catalog Sales
- Conversion Opt
- Catalog Sales
- Attribution Window Testing
This all comes down to your North Star. Picking an attribution window that will be measurable on your backend source of truth metric is key. If your goal is Google Analytics last-click, Sales 1 day click, 0 view through is likely your best option! If you have a site goal, then try testing Sales 7 day click, 0 view through, or 1 day view through.
- Product Set Testing
The possibilities are endless when it comes to product set testing. We recommend starting by pulling a product level breakdown report on your current DABA ads to see where the algorithm is naturally serving products. Then, use this data to determine a logical strategy that will help lean into top products and move away from those of lower value. For instance, if Meta is mostly serving low priced products that aren’t ideal to promote you could:
- Exclude those low-value products from your product set all together
- Put all low-cost products in a product set together and all high-value products in a different product set. As a next step, you would set the bids accordingly on both sets based on how these products are valued.
- Dynamic Overlays – API Feature
Dynamic overlays are an extremely valuable asset that we use on accounts, and these have seen lots of success! The adMixt tool allows for custom dynamic ad designs that meet your brand standards while telling a story. Here are some examples:
Did you know that adMixt offers feed management services for free if you are a client?
This can include elements such as:
- Dynamic Feed Image Editing: Cropping, overlays, filters, and image replacements
- A/B testing of feeds and feed images for optimization.
- Local product inventory feeds and catalogs
- Translated feeds for cross-border marketing
- Full frame feeds for TikTok and Pinterest (9×16 and 600×1200 dynamic images made by network)
Here are examples of images before they were cropped:
And after using adMixt auto-cropping feed tools:
Reach out to email@example.com to hear more about our dynamic ad strategies.