What % of Direct & Organic Sales Is Optimal?
We regularly have clients ask us: How many Organic and Direct attributed sales should we see in GA on average for our account?
So we looked at 7 different types of clients, all within the e-commerce industry, and we saw a variety of ranges from 18-38% of sales going to direct + organic.
A couple things we noticed:
- Better brand awareness or brands with a cult following saw more organic and direct sales
- If you launch in retail after being D2C only, you should expect to see your Organic/Direct sales drop by about 10%.
Overall, the average number of sales we are seeing from organic/direct is 26% of our clients’ total site sales.
To increase your organic and direct sales consider these three things:
- Am I spending too much on Google CPC (specifically Brand)? Brand Campaigns could be stealing attribution from Organic Google.
- How well is my brand perceived? For the people who know you, how would they describe your brand? The more they say I “can’t live without” or are “obsessed” with your brand, the better your Organic/Direct sales should look.
- Finally, how strong is your general brand awareness with the target audience you are going after? Who could you partner with that aligns with your brand to give you more clout?